St Columba’s Learning Enhancement Program ensures that students are matched with the teaching and learning environment that best suits their needs and abilities.
Importantly, we recognise that education is not a ‘one size fits all’ approach, particularly when it comes to children with special needs.
As well as providing clear channels of communication between teachers, parents, support staff and outside agencies, we employ a range of initiatives to support our Learning Enhancement Program. These include modifications to the curriculum, teaching strategies and/or facilities, student observations and monitoring, and data collection.
The goals of Learning Enhancement at St Columba include:
- Advocating for students with higher needs
- Seamless integration of higher needs students into the wider school community
- Sourcing support funding and applying it prudently
- Developing the skills of teachers in meeting the various needs of students
- The development of Individual Education Plans (IEPs) for students
- Incorporating ICT to meet the teaching and learning needs of students
To learn more about Learning Enhancement at SCAS, please call 02 6581 4188 or email email@example.com