Shine Summit Enrichment Camp
What is the Shine Summit?
The Shine Summit is a two day enrichment camp for Years 6 and 7 students, designed to challenge and extend them beyond the curriculum, exploring new interests, investigating real-world problems and creating meaningful connections.
Students will be challenged across a variety of topic areas in dynamic, hands-on learning activities, working with other students from schools around the Mid North Coast.
Elective workshops will include; Robotics, Coding/Game Design, Creative Writing and Drama, with more workshops details available soon.
When is the Shine Summit?
Shine Summit will be held at the Francis Retreat Centre, Bonny Hills on the 1st and 2nd of November, 2016.
Who should attend?
Any school from across the Mid North Coast is welcome to bring their years 6 and/or 7 students to Shine Summit. As this is an academic enrichment camp, teachers are encouraged to consider the following criteria before nominating students to attend:
- above grade level achievement in a variety of KLAs
- ability to work as an independent learner
- learns new concepts quickly and understands things well enough to teach others
- a keen curiosity (wants to know why?) and a passion for learning, beyond that of their peers
- reads rapidly and retains what is read, able to recall details
- ability to reflect on their own performance, sets high personal standards
How much does the camp cost?
We are still finalising details, our aim is to keep the cost under $130 per student. This price would include accomodation, meals and all activities. Meals and accomodation, for participating teachers, will be provided free of charge.
More details, including registration forms, available soon.