The Innovation Creativity & Excellence Centre
"Whosoever desires constant success must change his conduct with the times." - Niccolo Machiavelli
St Columba’s ICE Centre is a dedicated facility that enables students to explore new and innovative learning opportunities in a stimulating environment.
As well as developing skills such as 21st century thinking, creativity, collaboration and problem solving, students are also taught how to evaluate and self-assess their own learning outcomes.
Recognising that many students ‘shine’ when exposed to different learning scenarios,
the Centre integrates traditional education methods with the latest technology and innovative thinking to improve each student’s learning experience.
ICE Centre initiatives include:
- Learning Enhancement
- Year 7 Superclass – cross-curricular project based learning
- SHINE – Enrichment Program for Years 3 to 6
- Mid North Coast da Vinci Decathlon
- HICES Enrichment Camp
- STEM Action Research Project – K to 12 Mathematics initiative
- Robocup – enhancing design and problem solving skills through robotics
- Various other external academic competitions