It’s clear that students who are happy and engaged at school feel more positive about their overall education experience and tend to achieve greater success.
At St Columba, student wellbeing is central to the mission of our school. Therefore, we provide our students with every opportunity to cultivate positive relationships, community connection and personal development. This includes nurturing their physical, social, emotional, intellectual and spiritual development.
St Columba has a comprehensive pastoral care system in place to care for the individual needs of every student, from Kindergarten through to Year 12.
Our pastoral care objectives are to:
- Provide a caring community in a Christian context where each student feels valued and is able to make a worthwhile contribution
- Nurture a sense of belonging to the school community and pride in the school
- Encourage understanding and appreciation of individual differences
- Promote self-discipline and social responsibility
- Prepare students for the challenges of society
- Foster quality relationships between staff and students
- Establish strong, supportive relationships between parents and the school
St Columba is committed to providing an educational environment where all students feel safe, valued and respected. As such, we take a strong stance against bullying at the school and have implemented a comprehensive Anti-Bullying Policy.
As part of this Policy, we work closely with students, parents and teachers to prevent bullying, raise awareness and to encourage reporting.
SchoolTV is an online resource designed to empower parents with fact-based, sound information offering practical and ongoing support strategies. Today, parents face a multitude of modern-day challenges in raising happy, well and resilient young people. Whilst there is a great deal of information available, this can often be confusing and overwhelming for parents looking for guidance. SchoolTV is a unique online platform providing ongoing guidance and realistic strategies from leading experts.