Mission, Vision and Values
From our very first days, our goal has been to educate individuals to embrace challenge and take responsibility for shaping a better world. St Columba Anglican School’s mission is to encourage intellectual, spiritual and cultural development of each student through excellence in teaching, in a caring Christian environment.
To uphold this commitment, St Columba Anglican School aims:
- To encourage an integrated attitude to faith and learning, with meaningful worship following Christian principles as part of the School’s curriculum.
- To develop a partnership between school, parents and students that will enhance the teaching and learning process.
- To encourage students to participate in a well balanced program of curricular and co-curricular activities enabling them to discover individual strengths and talents.
- To develop confidence, self esteem, respect and tolerance of others in the belief that social awareness is a critical aspect of the Christian faith.
- To provide an environment between teachers and students that will enhance mutual respect and trust.
Our vision is to be an educational leader by providing a challenging, holistic and values-based environment for our students, staff and community.
We achieve this through academic excellence, service to others, environmental stewardship, teamwork and leadership. In addition, we value and support the spiritual, cultural, academic and sporting growth of all our community members.
At St Columba, we uphold the values of care, excellence and citizenship.
Click here to view our full Vision and Values Statement >>