"Starting strong is good. Finishing strong is epic." - Robyn Sharma.
To acknowledge and encourage excellence, St Columba Anglican School will offer a limited number of Scholarships for students entering Years 7 to 12. Indigenous Scholarships are also available for students entering Kindergarten to Year 12.
These scholarships will offer students the opportunity to join the School and be a part of the academic, cultural, sporting and leadership programs that have made the School the choice of students who aim for post school academic and leadership success.
Our aims for our graduates are that they:
- display, by their words and actions, a positive, Christian view of the world and their place in it
- understand that while they should be valued as an individual, their willingness to serve their community, now and in the future, will be a key to their continued growth
- have been shaped by the ethos and actions of the School and, in turn, have played a role in the evolution of the School community towards greatness
- have been offered access to an education that not only allowed them to reach their academic potential but also provided them with the access to the knowledge and skills required to successfully enter the next phase of their lives as lifelong learners who are erudite, optimistic and disciplined
- understand the vital nature of change in the world and are prepared to face this reality with confidence and resilience
- are given the opportunity to develop such 21st Century skills as agility, creativity and an ability to work collaboratively with others
- have developed leadership skills so that by their great and small actions, they will have the potential to make the world a better place
The School’s Scholarship Program is open to students who show commitment and achievement in a range of curricular and co-curricular areas. Criteria used to award Scholarships will include school reports, demonstrated excellence in areas including academic and sport, examination results, financial need and a personal interview. In the case of Performing Arts applicants, auditions are also used to award Scholarships. Indigenous Scholarships are also available, and are open to students from Kindergarten to Year 12. It is an expectation that families of applicants also support the culture and ethos of St Columba Anglican School.
Want to be a part of this exciting educational journey? Click on the link below for a Scholarship Application Form and information regarding Scholarships. Short listed candidates will be invited to an interview with the Head of School and all Scholarships will be offered at the discretion of the Principal.
Applications for the Main Round of scholarships close at 4:00pm on Friday 28 June, 2019.
See here for an Online Application Form.
See here for further information regarding Scholarships at SCAS.