St Columba is proud to be an active member of the local Port Macquarie-Hastings community, as well as being connected to the wider global village.
Our students are encouraged to support and drive community initiatives at every opportunity to foster and promote a caring, empathetic and selfless attitude.
Some of our community service initiatives include:
- Our School Houses organise annual fundraisers for registered charities.
- The Duke of Edinburgh scheme, which requires students to perform 6-12 months of volunteer work within the community.
- An Interact Club meets fortnightly under the auspices of the Sunrise Rotary Club. This group organises activities to raise money for charities around the world, including volunteering at the Port Macquarie Ironman event, as well as holding school socials, markets and cake stalls.
- Activities Days see students from Years 7-9 volunteer at nursing homes, the RSPCA, bush regeneration, dune care, water watch and Clean Up Australia Day.
- Our dancers, musicians, thespians and artists perform at various festivals, carnivals and expos throughout the year.
- A large contingent of SCAS students marches on ANZAC Day.
- Many of our students are involved in activities such as Surf Life Saving, Scouts, Guides, Cadets, and Sea Scouts.
- Our canteen offers a Family Aid network, which is funded by donations from staff and the school community.